We’re making some changes at RecordSetter to get your videos seen by more fans! Here’s what it could mean for you:
- First-look consideration to appear in books, TV shows & ad campaigns, and to share revenue as we distribute your videos online
- The chance to go Pro with our RecordSetter Pro YouTube community
1. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
RecordSetter is an Internet-based service that permits users to view world records and submit their own world records. RecordSetter may contain advertisements, which are necessary to continue providing RecordSetter's services. RecordSetter is not responsible for third party advertisements or third party applications that are posted on the RecordSetter sites, nor is it responsible for the products provided by its advertisers.
2. MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
RecordSetter reserves the right to modify or terminate the RecordSetter sites for any reason at any time, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice. This includes, but is not limited to, the sale of RecordSetter to another entity. You agree that RecordSetter will not be liable to you for any modification or termination of the RecordSetter sites.
RecordSetter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse service to anyone, temporarily or permanently, at any time. You agree that any termination of your ability to use RecordSetter, including, but not limited to, the termination of your permission to use the RecordSetter sites, may occur without prior notice. You also agree that any world records you hold on the RecordSetter sites (your "Records") may be repealed without prior notice. Furthermore, RecordSetter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject a User's Record submission, at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
Access and use of RecordSetter is void where prohibited. By accessing and using RecordSetter, you agree that:
* You are responsible for knowing and complying with all applicable rules regarding Internet use, including, but not limited to, local laws and regulations relating to acceptable on-line conduct and content;
* You are at least 18 years of age, or if you are younger than 18 years of age, you have parental permission to use the RecordSetter sites. If you are younger than 13 years of age, your parent may need to provide verifiable parental consent in order for you to use certain features of the site, such as submitting Records, which RecordSetter will obtain at the time you attempt to use those features;
* All information, including, but not limited to, personal information and information relating to Records, that you submit to RecordSetter is truthful, accurate, and complete; and
* You will maintain the truthfulness, accuracy, and completeness of all information, including, but not limited to, personal information and information relating to Records, submitted to RecordSetter. This includes, but is not limited to, promptly notifying RecordSetter if any information, including, but not limited to, personal information and information relating to Records, changes.
5. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS IN SITE CONTENT
You understand and agree that the content on the RecordSetter sites, except any data,
text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, accounts, audio and video
clips, links, or any other material (collectively "Content") uploaded, posted,
or otherwise transmitted by a User, is owned or licensed to RecordSetter and is
protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. Except as
expressly authorized by RecordSetter, you agree not to modify, distribute, create
derivative works based on, rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, or offer for any
commercial purposes the RecordSetter sites, in whole or in part.
You further understand and agree that the content of sponsor advertisements that appear on the RecordSetter sites is protected by applicable intellectual property law and other laws. Except as expressly authorized by the applicable advertiser, you agree not to modify, distribute, create derivative works based on, rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, or offer for any commercial purposes the sponsor advertisement, in whole or in part.
The RecordSetter service makes it possible to post images and text hosted on RecordSetter to outside websites. This use is permitted as long as pages on other websites which display data hosted on the RecordSetter sites provide an easily identifiable link back to RecordSetter.
6. WORLD RECORDS
RecordSetter is not and cannot be responsible for its User's or other's conduct or safety during any attempt to create a world record to submit to RecordSetter. BY USING AND ACCESSING THE RECORDSETTER SITES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ATTEMPT TO CREATE A WORLD RECORD AT YOUR OWN RISK. If you do become involved in an attempt to create a world record, including, but not limited to, your own attempt to create a world record or supporting another User's attempt to create a world record, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you release RecordSetter and its officers, directors, employees, and agents from any and all claims, administrative proceedings, demands, damages, obligations, losses, costs, debts, liabilities, and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys' fees, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with the attempt to create a world record.
7. USER CONDUCT
You are solely responsible for your conduct on the RecordSetter sites and any Content that you post to the site. RecordSetter reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate actions a Inappropriate User conduct and Content includes, but is not limited to:
* impersonating another person or entity or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with another person or entity;
* uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting any Content that RecordSetter determines is harmful, abusive, harassing, threatening, hateful, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, unlawful, tortious, defamatory, libelous, invasive to another person's or entity's privacy, exploitive, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
* engaging in behavior that harms minors in any way, as seen by RecordSetter or applicable law, or that is otherwise destructive behavior, including, but not limited to, abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening, or intimidating another person or entity;
* using or attempting to use any information obtained from the RecordSetter sites in order to harm, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or intimidate another person or entity;
* using the RecordSetter sites to create or submit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, email, or other form of communication;
* soliciting personal information from anyone under 18;
* promoting commercial activities without prior written consent from RecordSetter, including, but not limited to, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
* collecting or storing User information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
* modifying, adapting, hacking or otherwise manipulating any part of the RecordSetter sites;
* modifying, adapting, hacking or otherwise manipulating any part of another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with RecordSetter or to otherwise disguise the origin of the information delivered;
* interfering with, disrupting, or otherwise creating an undue burden on the RecordSetter servers or connected networks, or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of connected networks;
* circumventing, modifying, or otherwise interfering with any security technology or software that is part of the RecordSetter sites;
* uploading, posting, or otherwise transmitting software worms, bots, viruses, or any other code of a destructive nature;
* using the RecordSetter sites in any manner that furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities; and
While RecordSetter prohibits inappropriate conduct and Content on the site, you understand and agree that RecordSetter cannot be responsible for other User's conduct or the Content posted on the RecordSetter sites and you may be exposed to such inappropriate conduct or Content when you visit the RecordSetter sites.
8. RIGHTS IN USER CONTENT
“User Content” is Content that is posted by a User to the RecordSetter sites. By adding or uploading User Content to the RecordSetter sites, you are transferring ownership of such User Content to RecordSetter, including, but not limited to, any intellectual property rights you may have in such User Content. Such transfer irrevocably grants to Re