Effective Date: 11/15/2008
Last Updated: 6/28/2011
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal Information Provided: RecordSetter collects personally identifiable information you voluntarily submit to us, including information you provide when sending us an e-mail. We also collect personally identifiable information that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit to us for public display online, including, but not limited to, any data, text, information, screen names, graphics, photos, accounts, audio and video clips, links, or any other material (collectively "Content"), regardless of who ultimately uploads, posts, or otherwise transmits the materials for display on the RecordSetter sites. Additionally, when you ask us to verify a record, we collect the following information: identification of the record setter, your e-mail address, the record title, the quantifiable data relating to the record, a description of the record attempt, the name and e-mail addresses of at least two witnesses to the record, the location where the record was set, tags to help categorize the record, and media documenting the record attempt. All information that you provide us to verify a record is considered information uploaded, posted, or otherwise transmitted to us for public display except for your e-mail address and the names and e-mail addresses of your witnesses to the record.
- Cookies and General Usage Activity: Browsing user-posted records, making
comments regarding records on the RecordSetter sites, and contacting us about a
particular posting is considered “General Usage Activity.” RecordSetter may record
information about your General Usage Activity, including, but not limited to,
when you use RecordSetter, the groups and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you
communicate with, the videos you watch, the frequency and size of data
transfers, your IP address, your browser type and version, and information you
display or click on in RecordSetter.
- Third-party Information: In addition to the cookies RecordSetter may install to
facilitate your use of the RecordSetter sites, our advertising partners that display
third-party advertisements on the RecordSetter sites may also install cookies. These
cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you
an online advertisement to compile information about you or others who use your
computer. This information allows advertising networks to, among other things,
deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to
RecordSetter; it does not cover the collection and use of information by any
third-parties whose services you may access via the RecordSetter sites. In order to
understand what information these third parties gather and how they use it, you
must review the relevant third party's policies.
2. INTERNAL INFORMATION USE
- E-Mail address: RecordSetter may use your e-mail address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes, such as notifying you of major changes to the RecordSetter site or for customer service purposes. RecordSetter will not use your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- Other Personal Information Provided: If you voluntarily provide us with personally identifiable information, RecordSetter will use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of RecordSetter, and to process any correspondence you send to us. Additionally, any personal information that you upload, post, or otherwise transmit to us for public display online becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Indeed, your record documentation may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. However, the personal information you provide us for your witnesses to the record is only used by RecordSetter to contact the witnesses to verify the record and to obtain information if RecordSetter has questions regarding the record, and it is not shared with any third parties. Similarly, we will only use your provided e-mail address in a request to verify a record or to contact you about that record. Note, however, that if you have also provided that e-mail address in your Member Profile, you are choosing to make it publicly available and additional uses may be made as described above.
- Cookies and General Usage Activity: Only RecordSetter has access to any cookies or clear GIFs RecordSetter installs on your computer. RecordSetter uses the data we collect about General Usage Activity in conjunction with the information provided in your Member Profile to improve the quality and design of RecordSetter and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing User preferences and trends, as well as User activity and communications.
3. THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION USE
RecordSetter will not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes. RecordSetter may share or sell to third parties aggregate information in a form that does not include anything that could be used to identify you or to discover individual information about you. This includes, but is not limited to, the sharing and selling of aggregate General Usage Data or demographic information about our users and their use of the RecordSetter sites.
RecordSetter may also disclose your personally identifiable information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend RecordSetter's rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of RecordSetter; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our Users, including you, or the public. This includes, but is not limited to, the disclosure of personally identifiable information to law enforcement officials if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else as part of any investigation into your actions.
RecordSetter takes many precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration. This includes internal corporate policies to limit access to systems that store your personal information. However, the Internet is an open system and technology and human operators are not infallible. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet, and we accept no liability for any unintentional disclosure.
5. MODIFYING/DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may review, update, correct, or request us to remove any personal information you have provided us at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. A SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN
RecordSetter is not intended for use by people under the age of 18. The RecordSetter sites target an audience over the age of 18 and some content may not be appropriate for all ages. RecordSetter does not intend to collect, nor does it knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. However, if you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com. Upon request, the parent or guardian of a child under 13 may review and request the deletion of such child's personal information, as well as refuse to permit the further collection or use of such personal information.