Jacksonville, Florida, United States / July 7, 2012
Jon Bello ate five and a half Monster German Wieners and buns in five minutes. He set the record to help raise funds and awareness for the Special Olympics. The event was covered by WJXT Channel 4, WJCT 89.9-FM and Jacksonville Magazine as well as social media and local blogs.
Jon Bello is ranked 38th in the world by the International Federation of Competitive Eating. Read more about Jon here.
NOTE: Competitive eating is dangerous and should not be attempted unless you are professionally trained.
- may not touch wieners and buns before the start of the attempt
- all wieners fit in mouth within time period are counted
- may dunk buns and wieners in water
- must ultimately consume all wieners after placed inside mouth
- must begin attempt with an empty mouth
- drinking water during attempt is permitted
- may not receive assistance from others
- must provide video evidence