Peoria, Illinois, United States / March 3, 2017
April Choi cracked a whip 364.5 feet in length. The record was set at Richwood High School in Peoria, Illinois.
The measurement of the whip was made by a licensed professional land surveyor for the State of Illinois, Caleb Johnson, with a Timble S5 Robotic Total Station, and overseen by Steven Kerr, one of the owners of a land surveying company.
- length excludes the handle
- independent witnesses should be at least 10 meters or 30 feet away from the tip and must be able to hear the crack for it to be valid
- video must be recorded from the same position with clear audio and the crack must be clearly audible
- whip must be made in the same manner as a normal-sized whip
- whip may be either from synthetic or natural materials but must resemble a traditional whip in form and construction
- attempt must take place in a public place or in a venue open to public inspection
- item must be measured by a qualified surveyor in the presence of two independent witnesses
- must follow form of current world record holder
- must provide video evidence