New York City, New York, United States / July 27, 2010
Chef Tony Delois shucked a lobster, made a lobster roll using the meat, and had someone take a bite in two minutes, 20.03 seconds.
Delois set the record at a World Record Appreciation Society event held atJoe’s Pub in New York City. Dan Rollman and Corey Henderson were present as witnesses.
- must use hard shell lobster (at least 1.25 lbs), celery, lemon, mayo, salt and spices (pepper, paprika, etc.) to make lobster roll filling
- must chop celery and cut lemon
- must shuck one tail, two claws, and lobster knuckles
- only tools allowed are a cracker and a pick
- bun can be toasted in advance
- timing stops when person takes bite