Mississauga, Ontario, Canada / July 24, 2014
Chef Bob Villeneuve, Director of Culinary Innovation at Maple Leaf Foods, prepared a BLT sandwich that measured 227 feet, 7 inches in length. After he'd prepared it, it was consumed by Maple Leaf employees.
- entire length of sandwich must have bread on top and bottom with fried bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayonnaise evenly spread out evenly inside
- permissible to have multiple pieces of bread laid next to one another horizontally as long as all pieces are touching and ingredients inside overlap
- sandwich must be designed for human consumption and ideally eaten in entirety once measurement has occurred
- measurement based on distance between one edge of sandwich and the other
- no time restraints or limits on number of participants who may help prepare sandwich