Join our Team
Who We Are
RecordSetter is an interactive media company built on a belief that everyone can be world's best at something. Our flagship property, RecordSetter.com, allows users to create world records, document them on video and upload them for others to view or challenge. The site has over 360,000 users from 109+ countries and 79,000 world record videos. The Next Web call us "this generation's Guinness World Records."
Our team of Yellow Jacket officials adjudicate world records around the globe, appearing regularly on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, and seen on CNN, VH1, CBS Sunday Morning and The Ricki Lake Show. We've published a book, The RecordSetter Book of World Records, and brought our award-winning "RecordSetter LIVE!" variety show to New York, San Francisco, Austin, Toronto and Los Angeles.
Our headquarters are in Las Vegas, where we're part of a noted initiative called the Downtown Project. We also have an office in Los Angeles for television and original content development.
Why Join Us
Our core belief is that everyone can be a champion. That's how we’re manage our company, too. From interns to developers, everyone on the RecordSetter team is encouraged bring their thoughts to the table. Fresh ideas are always welcome. Big egos are not. We’re looking for the best and brightest to help us succeed.
Though we work extremely hard, fun is a big part of our spirit. Yes, there will be late nights, but there will also be parties, team adventures, guest speakers, and cold beers in the fridge. Our goal is to build a work culture respected for its balance of productivity and enjoyment.
We're looking for a full time, product-minded engineer to join our team in Downtown Las Vegas.
Here are some examples of the kinds of problems we need to work on in the near future. You’d take a lead role in figuring out how to tackle these challenges:
- Implementing a next-generation video player with a variety of custom features.
- Creation of a sophisticated video-submission mobile app across all platforms (see version 1.5 of our iPhone app here), either building hands-on or working with the team collaboratively.
- Design and implementation of a community moderation system
- Integration of editorial components across the site
- Development of a interactive submission form to be used at RecordSetter LIVE! events
Candidate will work day-to-day with our CTO and (NJ-based) back-end developer, building features in a creative, dynamic, agile, iterative environment. Have a strong hand in building the next generation of our mobile app. The tech team is growing and this position will help shape the team going forward.
What are the benefits?
We take great pride in our culture, making sure employees are continually inspired and challenged. This position includes a competitive salary, company equity, an excellent benefits package, travel opportunities and more.
If what we're doing tickles your fancy, please do two things:
- 1. Introduce yourself
- 2. Send your site/blog/portfolio/linkedin to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. Position is based in Downtown Las Vegas, where the tech scene is currently exploding (see Downtown Project). If you're the right person, we'll help you move here. Bonus points if you set an awesome world record and submit it to our site. Kaboom!
RecordSetter is poised squarely at the intersection of digital media, publishing, pop culture and entertainment. We're looking for superstar interns to come join our young, energetic team and help us create a media company of the future.
"Being able to intern at RecordSetter my last semester was a fantastic opportunity. I am grateful to Dan Rollman for giving me the chance to work on the Book of World Records. I learned so many things, not just with Team Book but also got a front seat to see how the website and company was run as well. Now that I've graduated, I'm excited to find another opportunity where I get to take all the skills that I learned at Recordsetter and turn them into a job."
-Caitlin Walsh, Editorial Intern Spring 2010
Social Media Intern (Los Angeles)Intern will assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Growing engagement and managing YouTube Channel
- Building relationships with YouTube celebrities
- Writing copy for the newsletter and social media channels
- Pitching content to media outlets
- Compiling and editing stories from our community
- Participating in marketing brainstorming meetings
- Other tasks as assigned
- Experience working with YouTube
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Writing Samples (blog articles, website copy, etc)
- Detail oriented and organized
- Solid understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social media platforms
- Proficiency in Photoshop is a plus
- Strong personal social media presence is a plus
Video Intern (Las Vegas, Los Angeles)Intern will assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Shooting world record attempts
- Editing and uploading world record videos
- Producing original videos featuring RecordSetter content
- Managing our YouTube Channel
- Knowledge of FinalCut and basic editing knowlege
- Experience shooting video
- Experience working with YouTube and/or Vimeo
- Work samples (videos you’ve shot and/or edited)
Tech Intern (Las Vegas)Intern will assist with a variety of tasks including:
- Styling webpages
- Participating in product brainstorming meetings
- Compiling and analyzing site metrics
- Writing scripts
- Assisting CTO and development team with various tech-related tasks
- Solid experience with HTML, CSS, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Work samples (sites or webpages you've built)
- C# and Visual Studio is a plus
How to ApplySubmit your application to: jobs at recordsetter dot com. Include:
- Cover letter
- Link to your RecordSetter profile. Example: recordsetter.com/user/JessYin
- Link to your favorite record on our site
- In the body of your email include when you're available to start, when your semester ends, the hours/days you're available to work, and your phone number.
Internship SessionsFlexible based on your school's calendar.
- Winter Session: Month of January
- Spring Session: January - May
- Summer Session: May - August
- Fall Session: September - December
- These are unpaid internships, so applicants should be eligible to receive college credit.
- Must be available to work out of our office for at least 20 hours per week.
- Please create a RecordSetter profile and set a world record before applying!
- College credit preferred
- Travel stipend available to those who qualify
- Opportunities to attend industry events and conferences
- In-house professional development such as resume critiques and social media workshops
- Semester long project and portfolio development
- Direct mentorship from senior members of our team