Stride’s setting the record for the Longest Lasting Streak of Long Lasting Records, by setting 100 records in 100 days. It’s up to you to break 'em for a chance to claim $500 and your place in history.
STRIDE "BE RIDICULOUSLY LONG LASTING" CONTEST
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 U.S. AND D.C., 14 YEARS AND OLDER ONLY (SEE ENTRY SUBMISSION RESTRICTIONS IN RULE 2)
1 . TO ENTER: Beginning at 12:01 am EDT on June 21, 2011 through 11:59 pm EDT on October 11, 2011 (the "Entry Period"), visit www.recordsetter.com/stride, select the world record set by The Stride Marketers that you would like to attempt to break (from those listed) by clicking on the "Break it!" button, sign in to www.RecordSetter.com (new users will need to create a RecordSetter.com account), and then register for this promotion and follow the onscreen instructions to enter and upload a video entry. Maximum file size of video upload is 2 GB. The following video formats are acceptable: .3g2, .mpg, .mp4, .avi, .flv, .m4v, .qt, .wmv, .mov, .f4v, or .3gp. Entrants must have Flash 9.0 or higher on their computers to participate. Each day beginning June 21, 2011 through September 28, 2011, a new world record set by the Stride Marketers will be published on the website. Entrants are invited to visit the website daily and attempt to break the published world records. Each video entry must depict the entrant himself/herself (unless parent/legal guardian is submitting an entry for an entrant between the ages of 14 - 17 years - see eligibility and entry submission requirements in Rule 2) attempting to break one of the published world records. Record breaking attempt must be quantifiable. The video and the video may or may not feature additional individuals. There is no limit to the number of times an Entrant can enter or limit on the number of different world records an Entrant attempts to break.
Entry Requirements: All entries must meet the following guidelines:
· Entrant himself/herself (unless parent/legal guardian is submitting an entry for an entrant between the ages of 14 - 17 years - see eligibility and entry submission requirements in Rule 2) must be featured in the video and additional individuals may also appear in the video; however individual submitting entry must be 18 years of age or older. An entry can only be submitted by a single individual, and the prize will only be awarded in the Entrant's name, regardless of the number of people participating in the video/world record attempt.
· If individuals other than the Entrant appear in a video, Entrant must have the permission to use the audio and visuals of each individual (or their parent's or legal guardian's permission if individual is a minor) featured in the video in any and all media without compensation. Entrant must submit all required releases at Sponsor's request, including a release from all individuals appearing in the video, if requested. Each entry submitted must be unique and not a copy of a previous video submitted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupted entries will be disqualified. Kraft Foods Global, Inc. ("Sponsor") is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, incomplete or misdirected videos/entries.
The following may not be included in an entry : advertising, copyrighted material, nudity/pornography, competitive brands, illegal behavior, any entry that is potentially harmful, use of weapons, edited videos, profanity and vulgarity. All entries are subject to RecordSetter.com's standard content and legal guidelines, available at RecordSetter.com. By participating, Entrant agrees to have his/her video featured on the website and in Stride social media channels. Content: Each entry must be suitable for display and publication, in all forms of media, including but not limited to the internet, the World Wide Web, print, radio, and network, cable or satellite television broadcast. Entries must be dignified, modest and in good taste, must not be obscene or indecent, including but not limited to containing pornography or profanity, nor contain any offensive or defamatory statements including but not limited to words or symbols that might be considered offensive to individuals of any race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group, nor include threats to any person, place, business, or group, nor invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, including, without limitation, any third party trademarks or copyrights, nor portray Sponsor or Sponsor's brands or products in any way that might tend to subject any of them to public contempt, scandal, disrepute or ridicule. Sponsor reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any entries it determines to be inappropriate for any of the reasons listed above, or for any other reason.
Submission of any Entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor all right, title and interest in the Entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. Entries that are lost, late incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Entries that are found to be copies of other entries previously submitted in the Contest or content plagiarized from other websites and/or publications will be void and will result in disqualification.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to residents of 50 U.S. and D.C., 18 years of age and older as of June 21, 2011; however if an entrant is 14 - 17 years of age at the time of entry his/her parent/legal guardian may submit the entry on entrant's behalf. Employees of Kraft Foods Global, Inc. (Sponsor), Promotions.com, LLC, RecordSetter.com, JWT, their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (collectively, "Promotion Parties"), persons living in the same households, and the families (spouse, parents, children and siblings) of each are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
3. ENTRY EVALUATION: Entries that meet the criteria outlined in Rule 1 will be evaluated by RecordSetter.com based on the established criteria for each world record established by The Stride Marketers. RecordSetter.com will review submitted entries and publish any new world record holders within approximately 72 hours upon receipt of the entry. At the end of the contest, a Grand Prize will be awarded to the world record holder who broke each of the 100 world records by The Stride Marketers. In the event of a tie, the prize will be evenly distributed/split between the tied entrants. In the event any of the published world records by The Stride Marketers are not broken, no prize will be awarded for records that are not broken. All prizes awards are subject to verification.
4. PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (ARVs): Up to one hundred (100) Grand Prizes: $500 cash awarded in the form of a check to Entrant and winner's entry will be featured on the Stride Wall of Fame on www.Facebook.com/stride-gum . ARV: $500. There is no value associated with being featured on the Stride Wall of Fame or in any advertising related to the Contest, if any. No substitutions or transfers of prizes permitted by winners. All prize winners will be solely responsible for all taxes and any expenses not specified related to acceptance and use of prizes. Winners' names, cities and Entries (videos) may be featured on a website or other advertising related to the contest, at Sponsor's sole discretion. There is no cash value attributed to being featured on a website or in any advertising. In the event the winners and/or their entries are featured on a website or in advertising, no additional compensation beyond the prize described above will be awarded.
5. GENERAL: Contest void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws apply. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prizes are the responsibility of winners. In the event of a dispute as to identity of an online entrant, entries will be deemed made by the name appearing on the online entry form. By entering contest, entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Judges, which shall be final in all matters. Winners will be notified by phone or mail. Potential Grand Prize winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, including certifying that it is the entrant's original work and that Entrant has obtained permission from all persons appearing in the video for use by Sponsor as contemplated in these Official Rules and a Publicity Release within five (5) days of attempted delivery. If any prize/prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be determined, at Sponsor's option. By participating and accepting prizes, participants/winners agree to hold Promotion Parties, Facebook, their affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use or redemption of prize. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost or late entries, or for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this contest. In the event of any such error, Sponsor reserves the right to request that the Judges modify this contest in a manner deemed reasonable by the Judges, at the Judges' sole discretion.
6. RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of entrant's submission being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, edit, delete or display such submission (video), or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to, all forms of television and all forms of internet, social media and wireless protocol without any further right of approval. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor, to utilize, for eternity and in any manner they see fit, the submission submitted to Sponsor and to make derivative works from such material. Each entrant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of Sponsor and/or Sponsor's licensees, and shall be freely assignable by Sponsor and that the Contest Entities and their assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to entrant. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Each Entrant releases the Contest Entities, Facebook, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the entrant's decision to provide the entrant's submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Contest Entities and entrant, does not place the Contest Entities in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the entrant's submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between the Contest Entities and entrant are as set forth in these Official Rules. In addition, by participating in the Contest, each entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Contest Entities to use entrant's submission, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe, unless prohibited by law.
7. WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the winners (available after October 17, 2011 visit www.facebook.com/stride-gum or send a #10 self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Stride "Be Ridiculously Long Lasting" Contest - WL, P.O. Box 329, Elmhurst, IL 60126. Requests for Winners' List by mail must be received by October 11, 2011.
SPONSOR: Kraft Foods Global, Inc., Northfield, IL. 60093.
PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR: Promotions.com, 29 West 38th Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10018.