New York City, New York, United States / November 23, 2011
Competitive eater Takeru Kobayashi ate 7.5 pounds of turkey in 10 minutes, a new RecordSetter World Record. He set the record to raise awareness and funds to combat hunger worldwide.
Kobayashi performed the feat on Thanksgiving Eve before a live audience at Turtle Bay in New York City. RecordSetter Council president Dan Rollman and senior official Rob Birdsong presided over the attempt.
Read more about the event here.
Become a fan of Kobayashi here.
NOTE: Competitive eating is dangerous and should not be attempted unless you are professionally trained. Read more about the sport here.
- must eat meat directly off the bone (processed or pre-sliced turkey not permitted)
- weight is measured by subtracting final weight from original weight
- use of utensils not permitted
- drinking of liquids permitted
- turkey that is in mouth when time is up may be counted as long as it swallowed
- vomiting is grounds for disqualification
Most Fifth Graders To Say "Happy Thanksgiving" At Once00:24
Most Fifth Graders To Say "Happy Thanksgiving" At Once
Farthest Distance To Throw A Bag Filled With Turkey Bones01:07
Farthest Distance To Throw A Bag Filled With Turkey Bones
Fastest Time To Make A Turkey Sandwich00:29
Fastest Time To Make A Turkey Sandwich
Furthest Distance To Hit A Golf Ball Off Of The Head Of A Stuffed Turkey With A .22-Caliber Rifle04:08
Furthest Distance To Hit A Golf Ball Off Of The Head Of A Stuffed Turkey With A .22-Caliber Rifle