Most Backronyms Created In One Minute
New York City, New York, United States / March 23, 2010
Diego Medina created 11 backronyms in one minute. His friend Ryan Brown created a list of three and four-letter acronyms in advance of the attempt. Medina didn’t the see the acronyms until the record began.
In the midst of the attempt, Medina’s backronym for “POE” was disallowed because he made “O” stand for “oof,” which is not an actual word.
- each acronym used must consist of three or four letters
- curse words not permitted
- sexist/racist terms not permitted
- proper nouns not permitted
- must use real words
- meanings given to acronyms can be nonsensical